Friday, April 06, 2007

LID 1-Year Anniversary

Today we have been officially waiting for one year. Yep, one year ago today the China Center for Adoption Affairs (CCAA) logged in our dossier. I had hoped that by this date they would have finished reviewing all of our paperwork and we could finally look forward to being somewhat closer to the matching room, however that is not the case. The wait is getting more difficult, especially since everything seems to be slowing down more and more. I am trying to stay positive and know that one day our daughter will be home, but is so difficult. I know that God is watching over us and Olivia and she will be home when the time is right. Hopefully by next Easter Olivia will be home in our arms where she belongs.

On another note, some referrals began arriving on April 6, but I am still not sure when the cut-off date was for this batch. Some rumors say that this batch only covered two days of log-in-dates (LID), but I really hope that is not even close to being true. As soon as the CCAA updates their site, if they do this time, I will make sure I update the blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, one year ago we had such big hopes that our dear grandaughter would soon be here. However, that is not the case, and our wait has lengthend to what seems to be a very, very long time. As hard as this is, I just know the wait will be worth it, and the love I already have for Olivia will grow by leaps and bounds. I trust the Lord to give us patience to endure this wait, and to give us strength to remain positive during these many months of waiting.

Now I have something to share with Livi. Today while we were at the mall with Cole, Katie and Reese, we took them to the pet store to see the puppies. Well, Nana and Poppy fell in love with on special little one, and we brought her home with us. We named her Maggie, and she is cute as a button!! The whole time we were playing with her at the store, I kept thinking how wonderful it will be for you to have a dog to love at Nana and Poppy's house. It will be so much fun!!! And we will never forget what day we got her- on the one year anniversary of your Mommy and Daddy's log in date with the CCAA. I love you Livi and I pray you will hurry home to Mommy and Daddy. Love, Nana