They Say...
I read this on http://heartmindandseoul.typepad.com/weblog/ and wanted to share it. The blog owner is an international adoptee and also a parent of an internationally adopted child. If you get a chance, check out her blog as she great information that every adoptive parent should know.
They say...
They say I was just a baby, what possibly could I know?
They say I was just a baby, what possibly could I feel?
They say I was just a baby, what possibly could I remember?
They say I was just a baby, how much would I really lose?
They say I was just a baby, and that I wouldn't really notice.
They say I was just a baby, and that I wouldn't really care.
They say I was just a baby, and that it wouldn't really matter.
They say I was just a baby, and that she could be replaced.
They say I was just a baby, and that I wouldn't crave her touch.
They say I was just a baby, and that I wouldn't miss her love.
They say I was just a baby, and that time will heal all wounds.
They say I was just a baby, and that I'd never know any different.
They say I was just a baby, and that life would go on as planned.
They say I was just a baby, and that the pain could be loved away.
They say I was just a baby, and that I'd never feel as if I'd ever lost her.
Copied with the owner's permission.
1 comment:
This young lady wrote an article that even I, as Olivia's Nana, would not have thought of. This type of stereotyping goes on way too much. I would like for Olivia to be secure in who she is, and what she can accomplish in life, change what she fears, and grasp all in life that will empower her. Love, Nana
Post a Comment