Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Three and a Half Years and Still Waiting

Tomorrow marks three and a half years that our dossier has been sitting in the CCAA's office. That is approximately 1260 days and 75, 600 hours that it has just been sitting there. We are currently waiting on our third I 171H renewal and in January we have to update our home study for the third time. Infertility was painful for me, but this is even worse. I think about our daughter who is in China somewhere and my heart breaks knowing that we may not ever get a chance to meet her.

To top it all off, we received a letter from our agency today wanting $900 for a non-special needs assessment fee. What is that and why do I need to pay them more money for doing nothing? I update all of my own paperwork, keep track of when documents expire and everything else that is required for me to someday, hopefully bring our daughter home. According to the letter we have a couple of options (I am paraphrasing this of course). Option 1 is to pay them or option 2 is to drop out. We have invested so much to bringing our daughter home that really there is only one option.

I am emotionally exhausted with this wait and I cannot believe that Livi is still not in our arms.

4 comments:

Teri said...

Oh, I am so sorry. I wish that I could reach through my computer and give you a hug. Hang in there. It WILL happen!!!! God has a plan for you and your family. I ma thinking about you and praying for you.

Nana said...

Please do not give up now. Somewhere in China, Livi is waiting for you to come and get her, and for you to be a forever family. This wait has been extremely hard, but most of it is behind you. Just focus on your dear Olivia, and think of all the joy she will bring to you. I love you. Remain the strong woman that you are, and soon your dream will come true. Mom

Linda said...

A very sad anniversary to have, to say the least. I think of Livi a lot and just know somehow your red thread is reaching her ... pull it tight, hang on, it will happen. I know it is easier said than done, but if I, with all my screw ups pulled this off, so can you ... be strong sis, I love you,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Livi is waiting for you. Sending you a huge hug and continuing to keep your family in our thoughts and prayers. Jacki