Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sad Day





It has been a sad day in our house. I had to come home from work early because one of our horses has been very sick and the vet needed to come see her again. So far, the horse is fine, although still very sick, but the day got worse. As the vet left, we noticed a white cat laying in the yard. Our poor Nella had been hit by a car and didn't make it.

So, my day was spent spraying water on a sick horse to keep her fever down and digging a grave for our Nella cat. I hope she is enjoying herself in Heaven and is happy.

Of the five cats in the picture, there are only 3 left. Rascal disappeared about 1 1/2 years ago (he is one of the black cats in the picture) and Nella was the white cat.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nella was a wonderful cat. She was rescued from an empty house, and been left there just to die. After the kids brought her home, she was a very scared little cat. For the first year she mostly hid from all people, but then she became one of their family. Soon she sought out people to pet her and love on her, and became a big part of this very loving family. Nana will miss her meeting us in the driveway with her little "mews" and a couple of little rubs on our legs. She had become their official greeter. Nella was given a second chance at life, and she was given so much love and affection, that I know she went to heaven a very happy kitty, thanking her "people" for a second chance at happiness. This family has such love for all living things, and I know Livi will become the same way. What a wonderful way to live your life, giving to others, and to animals, all God's family. I certainly believe that their little "ranch" should be named "Second Chance Ranch". I love all of you for this virtue and know you will teach it to Olivia. Love, Mom aka Nana